Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Customize Smartsheet within an embedded portal

Mark Sierra
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Can smartsheet have a template built and provided to our Clients from a web portal that they entered via user/pass. I know we can embed smartsheet. The situation is that I want each of them to have their own private sheet. Also, we want access, but is our CLIET's responsibilty to keep this up to date. In essence, we are proving them a great smartsheet tool but want to customize a template by each Client from within a web portal.

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You describe a popular request for access via a web portal and while there are more ways than one to do this, as partners for the new Digital Asset Management system called OverDRIVE ( because it sits on top of DRIVE, but makes access and visibility easier) we are providing this solution to clients with great feedback. Common sense really... but sometimes not easily found :) We like it. because it observes similar ease of use to that exhibited by Smartsheet and sensibly priced. Hope that helps?

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin

Is there any particular reason that you wouldn't use Smartsheet? From what it sounds, it would meet all of your requirements without needing to set up anything externally.

If what you are looking to do is create a template that is password protected that you can use for each client, I recommend creating a Workspace that contains the general sheets that each client would use. You can duplicate the Workspace when you need a new version. Then you can share the Workspace with them which will allow them to create a username and password within Smartsheet. This will allow you to more easily keep track of changes that are made to the sheet. You can also brand each Workspace with the Colors & Logo of the client you are working with.

• I think that is a great idea. I am a huge smartsheet fan. My goal is a little complex because I want each Client to see their own sheet embedded in their own Client web portal. If there is s a way to do the custom workspace embedded that would be increxible. Thanks! 

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin

Currently we don't have a way to create a web protral for the client to gain access to a Workspace. If you have your own web portal you already set up, you can Publish the clients sheets and embed the website address in their web portal. The downside is that the Published website address aren't secure and anyone that gains access to your web portal can copy and paste the Published sheets website address and provide it to a user outside of the web portal.

Sharing sheets and Workspaces with clients as free collabortors is one of the biggest benefits of Smartsheet. If you aready web portals setup for another purpose, I recommend providng instructions and a link to app.smartsheet.com for the users to easily gain access to the Smartsheet app from within your web portal, as well as the Workspace with all of their sheets.

• I think you just simplified my whole idea! That is perfect.

This discussion has been closed.