Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Image-Hyperlink

Tom Pettit
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Wondering if there is a way to make an image as a hyperlink (Click on image). I have tested the option of adding image in cell, and also just add hyperlink with text, but I do not see way to actual make the image as a hyperlink. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Theresa Bush
    edited 06/30/16

Make certain your hyperlink starts with www or https and it will automatically correct to a hyperlink.  Hope this makes sense and it works for you.

Theresa

• Make certain you place www or https in front of what you want to be a hyperlink as it auto formats in the cell.  Good luck

• Hi Theresa,

Thanks for your input and directions. Not sure if I fully explain the issue.So I do not have any proplems with creating a hyperlink and entering text. Link works fine.(www,https..) My issue is when I want to add a image, (See below) for a report. But when I try to make that image or cell be a hyperlink at the same time, it is requiree that you have to add text, which then is what shows and not the image Wink

hyissue.JPG

• Greg Gates
    Greg Gates ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/01/16

If you want the link to point to a website outside of Smartsheets, I think you're out of luck unfortunately :(

If you're trying to link it to a different Smartsheet you have access to, you could kind of fake this behavior. Say you want to insert an image in Sheet A that will take you to the appropriate place in Sheet B. To get this functionality, create a column in Sheet B where you place the desired image (in my example picture, I used a smiley face).

Next, back in Sheet A, instead of right-clicking on a cell and choosing "Insert Image," pick "Link to Cell in Other Sheet..." Choose the cell containing the picture in Sheet B. Two things happen now: the picture automatically gets pulled into this cell, and when you hover over the picture you'll see a link to go directly to Sheet B!

Capture4.PNG

• Hi Greg,

For your question, Yes I just want to link to another Smartsheet ( Project Status Report) and I just tested your directions and this  works great.  Thank very much!!

Capture.JPG

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great suggestion Greg.

Craig

• I just found this thread, and thought Greg had solved my issue, however when I create the link between the image in sheet B and the cell in sheet A, sure enough the image gets called into the appropriate cell in sheet A, but clicking on it asks the user if he/she wants to creat a link to sheet B, rather then going directly to sheet B. This is NOT what I want our relatively inexperienced users to be doing. 

Help?

This discussion has been closed.