Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Summarizing Time sheet data

If I use a webform to collect time sheet data by employee by customer by task how can I then summarsie that data X date range X Employee x Customer x Task and visa versa. 

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/22/15

This is a very common use and very popular for workers out on site with just a mobile so lots of our construction clients use this facility each in different ways but the common denominators are... use hidden columns for your formulae to crunch the data when it lands, use hierarchy to summarise to the top of each column and maybe a dashboard which summarises the collected data, then send it by cell linking to another accounting sheet or use reports to analyse. Hope that helps? Richard R 

• Mark Quillinan
    edited 05/22/15

Thanks Richard!!!    And for anyone... Is there anyway to see an example SS that does this.... I am sure some people have done some super things...

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mark, no two clients want to analyse the same data so rather than have to sanitize an existing client one, it would be easier to modify yours then you could build on it  as you see fit. We should get some time next week if you email me a share of something not too confidential?  

• Mark Quillinan
    edited 05/22/15

Thanks Richard, I'll see what I can put together.

But a picture is worth a thousand words and at the moment I dont see summarization of time sheets in SS as possible...

Appreiate the help!

Cheers,

Mark

• I'd love to see / discuss the results of this, if you were able to figure it out!

Also, it really bothers me that the responses on these Smartsheet forums are so often "no two clients want to analyze the same data". In my experience, that is rarely true. The contents might not be the exact time, but often the types of analysis and comparisons performed are very similar. (I'm also looking to aggregate timesheet data by date range, employee, customer, and task + department). It's very hard for the community to learn from and build according best practices with this kind of answer!

This discussion has been closed.