Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Attaching URL's to Each Row - Is there an option to have them available for the entire sheet???

Kelly Poirier
Kelly Poirier ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello,

When a new row is added to my sheet, I have 3 url links that I need to attach to the row.  I can then "SEND" the row back to the requestor with the authorization and the URL links for them for reference.

Currently I have to copy/paste these URL's to EACH ROW....is there a way that I can have these 3 URL links available for every row without having to copy/paste each time????? Drag and drop doesn't work with URL links :-(....

Thanks

Kelly

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Kennedy Stomps Employee
    edited 07/01/16

Hi Kelly-- We do support attaching URL links at the Sheet-level, but I just tested sending a row with sheet-level attachments and it looks like these attachments aren't included. I can see how this would be really helpful, so I've added your vote (and my own!) for this feature to our enhancement request list. Thank you for helping bring this to my attention!

In the meantime, there's not a way that I can think of to accomplish this otherwise. Is there a way that you could upload the files to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Box? It might be marginally easier to attach the files from one of these services, if only because you could use our file pickers, rather than moving back and forth to copy and paste the links.

This discussion has been closed.