Turn off Auto-Save on Android App

grant53396
grant53396 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Is it possible to turn the auto-save function on the Smartsheet Android app 'off'? When our guys use the app on their tablets when they have a weak connection, after each cell there is a long wait untill it has saved. is it possible to turn this off, and maybe just save it when required, or when you leave the sheet or something? Similar to how this works on the web app.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Grant,

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible because of how the mobile apps are structured. A possible workaround depending on your specific use case could be to use a third party tool that can work offline. 

Would that work for you?

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Andree 

yes that tool is called Appsheet and keep a copy of your data on the local device, so for example you can work in a tunnel, complete your tasks or reports locally then when you come up for air(a signal) press the sync button and upload what you saved. There is a cost, but that is only one of dozens of ways that Appsheet can help stretch Smartsheet and make it even better. 

We know this because we are the worldwide consultants for both systems with lots of client experience to draw upon. Smartsheet introduced us to Appsheet some 3 years ago.  

Hope that helps?

RichardR

• Thanks both. I explored these options, but resolved the main issue was that i had too much archive information on my sheets, which is why it was taking longer to save. i have got rid of most of this now, and it is back to its original speed.

Do think it is worth Smartsheet considering for a future update though, as i guess it is a fairly widespread issue!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!