Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Export to PDF size invariably displayed incorrectly

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Most of the time, when I export to a PDF, the information displayed prior to the export is wrong.

I've checked different PDF viewers and gotten the same results.

Different browsers too, but figured that was a waste of time.

Does everyone else just ignore this or am I the only one with this problem?

Craig

SS_Export_PDF_is_wrong.jpg

Comments

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Craig,

I just tested this, and it worked OK for me.  I opened the downloaded PDF in Chrome and it was good.  Then opened the file in Foxit and it still looked good.  Everything scaled to fit the page.  I then tried it with smaller margin settings.  Indeed, the upper margin (which I set to 0.25") appeared to be completely gone, as did the lower margin, but the left and right margins were good.  Not sure if the margins were your problem, but those are my findings.

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/16

Craig,

Do you mean the expected length of the document is false? 

I had the same result with a long (439 rows) sheet: 

Instead of 10 pages, it became 14. In Portrait orientation, it expected 5 pages, and the result was 6. 

We use A4 paper size (otherwise the outcome is very good - I hadn't even realize that this information was false).

Atus

pdfsetup.JPG

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the late response.

I'm swamped and somehow the "follow" link was unchecked.

Thanks Brad and Atus for the comments.

Yes, Atus, the issue is the count is wrong. I have tried both A4 and Letter with similar results.

To your point, Brad, I use the default settings for everything - and the example above that was supposed to be 1 page (1x1) prints on 2 sheets.

I tend to notice things like that, even when I'm not looking for them.

I would prefer to have no info than the wrong info. 

Craig

• The number of pages long is still a bit off.  It would be nice if we could create custom margins or if there was one with 1" margins all around.

This discussion has been closed.