Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Template for a Business Startup?

Jack Erhart
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi Smartsheet Community,

I'm loving this program, and have created a mockup sheet for task that need to be acomplished for a new business startup. Using the trial version now and will signup as soon as we get our final go ahead from legal.

So my question is if anyone knows of a template that exsist for new business startups? No since in recreated something that is already out there and is effective. So would appreciate any help along these lines.

Also wondered what is the best effective way to backup exsisting sheets that those of you that have used this program for awhile are using?

Print or Save to PDF's an option?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/12/16

Jack,

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but there are few interesting templates in the Rhond Abrams' book on start-ups:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/882614.Six_Week_Start_Up

They are easy to convert to Smartsheet.

(I deleted mine when I was finished with them)

For backups:

1. Every workspace and your Sheets can have a recurring backup created.

This will send a Excel file for downloading.

I do this for all critical sheets.

Attachments can be in the back up too.

2. PDF's are a nice, but the content may not be readily retrievable if something goes wrong.

3. For archiving, I use templates (save the file as a Template). 

Only #3 saves the formulas and formatting, including the condtional formatting rules.

#1 and #2 allow recovery of the DATA but not the FUNCTIONALITY.

Smartsheet does backups on their system so can (sometimes) recover the data if the problem is identified in a timely manner.

The most likely cause of loss of data is operator error - 'oops, didn't mean to delete THAT!'. There is a Deleted Items folder at the bottom of your Home tab -- but this is only for what YOU deleted, not what Bob in Marketing deleted. 

I hope this helps.

Craig

• Jack Erhart
    edited 07/12/16

Very helpful Craig. 

Thank you.

• Hey Craig? Any chance you saved anything from the smart sheets you created or backed up? Or maybe a template with header titles?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.