Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

exact match formula in Smartsheet

klolcg
klolcg
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi, has anyone had any luck using an exact match formula is Smartsheet?

I have two columns that have text in them. I want the 3rd column to tell me if column 1 and 2 are an exact match or not. I know how to do it in excel =Exact(A1:B1) but not sure how to set up in Smartsheet. Also, can you apply a formula to an entire column without having to drag it down each time a new entry is added?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Exact is not a formula that is available in Smartsheet.

Work arround:

Create a report that only has the two columns you want to compare.  Export to Excel and use your Exact in there.  Not ideal but would work.

Alternativly use an If function =IF(A1=B!) you will get the word True Or False

Re Copying Formulae.  If there are formula in a column down to the last cell and ther is at least one more above it, then when you add a row it swill auto copy the formulae.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

This can actually be done in Smartsheet. What you can do is build a formula that display specified text if the two cells match and different text if they do not match. Here is an example (columns are called Text and Text2):

=IF(Text2 = [Text2]2, "Match", "No Match")

This formula will display “Match” if they match and “No Match” if they do not match. 

• klolcg
    klolcg
    edited 05/28/15
This discussion has been closed.