Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Training Record

Alan
Alan
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts
  1. Hi
  2. I am wanting to create a sheet to keep track of our employee traing records.

We have approximately 20 employees all with a number of training qualifications which they need to re-sit at diiferent intervals.

I need to be able to list the employees with rows or columns for their qualifications where we can enter the expiry dates of their training.

I then need the sheet to send a reminder whenever an expiry date is approaching.

I was hopoing that each employee would have their own row or column into which all the dates could be inputted. But it seems that each row or column can only have one reminder set. I need to be able to set reminders for each individual cell. Is this possible ?

Or is there already an existing template which would enable us to do this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Alan

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Alan,

No, it's not possible. 

I would simply create a sheet with three columns: Name, Qualification, Expiry date. All employees would be listed as many times as many qualifications they have. This way you will be able to set the reminders for the Expiry date column, and the email alert will contain only the names and qualifications you have to deal with. 

The sheet may not be fancy but useful :) -- you can also filter on specific employees to see their qualifications, etc.

(I didn't find any related templates)

Hope this helps-

Atus

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Create a Date column with the formula:

=MIN([CertDate1]1, [CertDate2]1, [CertDate3]1...[CertDateN]1, )

Trigger the reminder from the new date column.

That will alert the user that they have a reminder coming up.  

To filter out past dates when users forget to update a past due cert date for CertDate1..

=MIN(IF(DATEONLY([CertDate1]1) > DATEONLY(TODAY()), [CertDate1]1, DATE(2199, 1, 1)), [CertDate2]1)

This discussion has been closed.