Resource Allocation Filter by Sheet

moskal
moskal
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I understand how to use the Resource View for resource allocation and view it across Groups/Projects/Users. I am interested to know if I can "turn off" the allocation % view of certain sheets. The reason I am interested in this is so I can set up a "master sheet" to manage resource allocation for different projects, but other managers are sharing these resources and utilizing at a more granular level with their project sheets. So, if I could still leave resource allocation in tact for the other managers to utilize but have my own view based on designated sheets that would be ideal. I cannot seem to find a way to do this.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

You can select which users, groups or projects you want to include in the specific Resource View. You choose these option in the particular resource view > Edit > Select type in the drop-down and decide what to include.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Isaac Jose
    Isaac Jose Employee
    edited 12/07/18

Hello,

Thanks for your post! It sounds like you want to enable an isolated sheet-level Resource View and Allocation % that does not affect the Resource View and Allocation % displayed on the other project sheets in your account that these resources are allocated on. There isn't currently a way to ensure that your Resource Allocation % does not display on the other sheets in your account, but I've let the product team know about your request and they will consider it for potential future development. You can also click on the Submit Product Enhancement Request quick link to the right.

In addition to Andrée's suggestion above, I may also recommend disabling Resource Management in the sheet by navigating to Gantt View > Project Settings (Gear Icon) > Resource Management and un-checking the resource checkbox. When this checkbox is not checked, the sheet is not included in Resource calculations. When you want to view it in Resource Views, enable Resource Management and observe the view, then disable Resource Management when complete.

I hope this helps!

Isaac J

Smartsheet Support