Am I the only one who does not like the new December 2018 look?

I'm struggling with the new layout and welcome any suggestions.  I do not have the dashboard level subscription - just below that, I think.  I HATE that I have lost my tabs, and I hate that the menu button ALWAYS takes me back to the RECENTLY VIEWED as opposed to the Home.  This new layout just seems like more work to manage multiple sheets.  At minimum, it is an additional click to view a different sheet, and could be two more if it's not in the RECENTLY VIEWED. 

Please tell me I am over-reacting and that there are better ways to manage...

Comments

• I agree with everything you have said here! These are exactly the problems I have. 

I need to view multiple sheets in quick succession all day every day (as do all project managers at my organisation) and this is now so cumbersome and involves so many clicks.

This update is awful (and buggy, I have found, scrolling resets all the time).

• GB
    GB

Likewise - main bug-bear for me though is the double scroll bars at the side.  It's like jumping back 20 years and makes quick scrolling around a large sheet just awful.

• I'm really trying to be open to something new, but this update is difficult to support from a UI standpoint.  I too am a project manager, and navigate between multiple sheets constantly all day long. 

Leaving the left side recently open or favorite tab is not really an option due to losing columns.  This means I need to open the menu to select my project every time.  It may only be one additional mouse click, but it feels much less intuitive.

You can pin projects to keep them at the top of the list (organized alphabetically), or use favorites similarly in lieu of recently used to keep the tabs organized.  Still, both of these solutions feel disjointed compared to the tabbed interface.

It is my hope that Smartsheet will bring back an option for either menu type that can be user set in preferences.  Fingers crossed!

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed,

We already could conserve a bit of space by freezing a column and scrolling from there.  But the loss of the navigation pane is just awful.

• Yes, the layout keeps getting worse with each update. Smartsheet, listen to your customers. Navigation is no longer intuitive. Please roll back the interface.