New format wastes both time and space

2»

Comments

• Just terrible, and even using pins in recent docs, you cannot rearrange the pins.

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭

Good point @BostonITTech. Rearranging pins would be a nice future enhancement.  Surprised this was overlooked considering that it is so easy to rearrange rows in sheets and elements of dashboard widgets.  

• Robin no matter how you try to spin this change all on this board agree that this change is hot garbage. 

• This is so beyond inefficient. Do you realise how many clicks it now takes to open a sheet? 

I work in a web-based business, I have dozens of browser tabs open at any one time and now I have to add additional tabs for each Smartsheet sheet I need on top of that?

And as if I didn't have enough favorites in my browser yet, now I have to add sheets from Smartsheet into that too when my projects change every 6 weeks, so then I have to re-do all my favorites?

Instead of making my work easy, you have now made it hard.

I cannot believe you found a majority of users who liked this layout anywhere. Do a survey right now among all customers and I think you will see this new layout is nothing short of disastrous!

And lucky me gets to embark on a huge project in January that will need me training 20+ people on how to use Smartsheet and every single one of them will struggle so much with this new layout.

Way to ruin something that was not broken.

Thanks for nothing.

• I can't figure out why they gave us pins for recent documents in addition to the "Favorites" option we already had. Seems redundant.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

On the surface, I would agree with you, but the 'recent documents' are based on when you last used it and 'favorites' on importance. 

Or something like that.

I have 'Favorites' that I use every quarter so it is nice to get to them quickly. But I built my own 'favorites' sheet for them anyway.

It would have made sense to me if 'pinning' just added it to the Favorites ... but since there is no organization by the user allowed there, it is just as well that the didn't.

I feel your pain and consternation.

Craig

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/19/18

Still waiting to see one of those users who participated in your research chime in here and give us their story. 

This update is still new and already the forum is flooded with unhinged disdain.

Won't list the reasons, as they cannot compete with "alternative facts".