Thanks for wasting my time

Hinkley
Hinkley
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

The new format is just a time waster.

More clicks is just what we all wanted. 

Really? No self closing side bar? At least that would eliminate one of the wasted new clicks we have to do just to switch from page to page... 

Thanks..... NOT!!!

Comments

• I Hinkley, 

Thanks for the feedback. This was one area we are very interested in hearing peoples use cases, In our research we are divided between leave it open so you have access to recents all the time and closing it every time. On a larger screen leaving it open makes more sense as you have one click access to the panel. We also coupled this change with better support for browser tabs and browser bookmarks allowing you to "open in new tab" from the recents and favorites menus. We generally open many instances of smartsheet and it is often faster to use browser tabs then in app links because the content is already loaded and does not require a server request. Would love to hear how you are using the app on a daily basis, and when you want the menu to close, is it always? 

Thanks

Robin

• I for one do not want to have 5, 8, 10 browser tabs open to access my various projects, I want to have them all available on the one Smartsheet browser tab.

I don't want to have the menu taking up space at all, I want to be able to use the tabular view if I so choose. Make it an option to open a new tab within Smartsheet or in a new browser link. 

It feels like you made a change based on internal use cases and not customer use cases.  I don't know of anyone in my organization that opens each sheet in a separate browser tab. We wouldn't know about the increased performance.

• Please go back to original version, where you can select folder without having to go to another button for a drop down menu, waste of time.

I own a business and I click through the tabs quite often through the day.  This new format defeats the purpose of convenience.  Give me an option to switch back or I probably will end my membership

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Chrome auto-sizes tabs to shrink if more are open.  So if you have 15 sheets open you can't read any of the sheet names because the tabs are so condensed.

The old Smartsheet did not do this.  And we don't want the new Smartsheet to either.

Please restore our functionality.