The "New Smartsheet Navigation Experience" is Great! TY!

KrisWalsh
KrisWalsh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

The New Smartsheet Navigation Experience is GREAT!

The #1 feature I'm excited about is Browser Tabs and Direct Links. Being able to copy the URL straight from the browser. I spent a LOT of time as a champion and mentor explaining how to get the URL to share a specific sheet. I really believe this will enhance the new user experience tremendously!

Thank you, Smartsheet Team!  laugh yes

2018-12-20-Update: I have to admit, I am only working in single, unrelated sheets right now. I can see the new interface being frustrating when working in multi-sheet solutions like I used to.

Comments

• I have the exact opposite reaction! Explained this elsewhere, but to me everything about this new layout is awful and triples the amount of clicks and time I have to spend. Nigh useless for me now.

• Dan Hebert
    Dan Hebert ✭✭
    edited 12/14/18

KrisWalsh And thank you for posting the YouTube video for using direct links and browser tabs. This helped clear some things up for my team. 

• I REALLY disagree. May end my love of smartsheet. 

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am scratching my head about the "it's easier to find a URL" comments.  It was never difficult before.  Yes, it took a few extra clicks either to open a Sharing window and then copy the URL or right-click the sheet tab, open Properties, and copy the URL.  But those extra clicks are NOTHING compared to the large number of extra clicks required to navigate among sheets that are used every single day.

Still seems like a solution for a problem that didn't really exist . . .

susan

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

P.S.  In doing some more research, I realize one benefit of the direct URL is it includes any views or filters you might have applied.  Really never thought about needing that information, but I can see how it might be useful to some users.

Wonder if SS took a survey of users and ranked feature requests before undertaking this large UI initiative?  

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

While I don't agree with the original poster, since the new functions are not something that we ever needed.  We lost functionality and gained unnecessary clicks and steps for a feature set that could have been implemented better by simply using the existing "get sharing link" and adding the filters/views to that link.

But,

I will say that I'm glad that at least one person is happy.  We do see hundreds more complaining, but at least one is happy.

• This update killed the simple elegance of Smartsheet.

I would appreciate some more happy reviews to convince me I am wrong.  We're almost two weeks into the new update now, and I still get sad and angry every time I open Smartsheet now.  I searched for something like Smartsheet for years and was so excited when I found it, but now I'm just... sad and angry.

I want to like the new update.  But I'm not there. broken heart

• I agree with William. The new interface is not working...

• Agree with all the posters that are finding the new interface frustrating. Like Phoebe S. I also find that "everything about this new layout is awful and triples the amount of clicks and time I have to spend" or with Brad who found that "we lost functionality and gained unnecessary clicks and steps."

Too many clicks, I don't want new browser tabs (have enough of those I can't find anyway!) and don't want a left hand navigation taking up a bunch of real estate. 

Would love to have the old Smartsheet back - and I'm not one afraid of change -  when it improves interfaces and is warranted.