Nested IF(ISBLANK & Date Columns w/Progress Bar

lisarae723
lisarae723 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi Everyone!

I would like to know if you are able to use date columns when automating a progress bar.  Basically dates are entered as product moves to a new stage in the process. As the dates fill in, the progress bar fills as well. I've used nested IF formulas for automating a progress bar but, for whatever reason... Im getting errors.

Been working on this for hours. I've attached a screenshot, if it helps. I am at a loss:)

Automate - Progress Bar.png

Comments

• Brian W
    Brian W ✭✭

How are you calculating your progress? Are there four dates and the status should increase 25% each time a date is entered? If that's the case you could use a formula like this:

=IF(ISDATE([Received at Brady]@row), "Full", IF(ISDATE([Shipped TLP]@row), "Three Quarter", IF(ISDATE([In Testing TLP]@row), "Half", IF(ISDATE([On Press TLP]@row), "Quarter", "Empty"))))

• lisarae723
    lisarae723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Brian! It works!! This looks the way I had it set up at one point but, I realized that on of my column names had an extra space in it... throwing the whole thing off. I am so appreciative...thanks again.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!