NEW design & UI propositions, please take a look and comment

Miha Lenasi
Miha Lenasi ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

With the recent updates to the navigation interface and a lot of complaints from our users, I created how a simple and effective layout should look like. The current layout takes too many clicks and also the interface is getting too cluttered.

Smartsheet should be simple and effective, with the most as possible data in the viewport. Data has to be the primary viewport, not 1000 options and functions, which they should reside in the Menu / row option, as they are not needed daily.

Other users please join the discussion and let the Smartsheet knows your suggestions.

New SS

SS2019.jpg

Comments

• I'm confused.  Do you work for Smartsheet?

I don't have issue with your suggestions other than it still does not help me navigate my sheets... which used to be simple.

I am not sure "who" these changes were designed to help.  I am a small office and we use it primarily for task management and tracking.  It has been great, but now it is just so incredibly frustrating to work among different sheets.

<sigh>

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Miha,

Nice job! I like the suggestion for the left side the most. I think that we will see some refinements to the new design soon.

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yep, Smartsheet's last two UI redesigns did nothing to improve the user experience. In fact, it muddle what was clear cut. Please reconsider rolling back the interface and then leave it alone. PLEASE.