Activity Log/Rows Deleted

MEsparza
MEsparza ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to recover rows that have been deleted from a sheet? 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Three options.

1. Look in the Activity Log and try to recover the information from there.
    2. If you have a weekly backup enabled that could also work.
    3. Contact the Smartsheet Support Team and see if they can help

I hope this helps you!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that even with the backup:

1. You will not be able to restore any cell history.

2. You will not be able to put the comments back in with the correct layout.  (time/date/user stamped, etc)

3. You will not be able to restore the original value of any system column where an index was created.  (e.g. a unique ID or counter)

4. You most likely will not be able to restore the attachments correctly because even with a backup none of the attachments have markings to show what row they were attached to.

So yes, you may be able to restore the latest cell value, but you have lost much.

• So glad you're on top of this issue, Brad.  This is a major flaw in Smartsheet, and I am surprised that it hasn't been addressed yet. 

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a situation where rows in our archive got deleted so our metrics cannot be displayed for historical transactions through a sheet. I have an Activity Log export, but the data comes across as one row, no clear delimiter. Is there a way to easily turn that data back into a row in Smartsheet?

Example below:

Row 8129: "STOCK" Row ID: MvTkt8991 Requested Date: 04/14/2022 Lead Time: 7

Above I've put in four different fields

Primary Column = STOCK

Row ID = MvTkt8991

Requested Date = 4/14/2022

Lead Time = 7

I haven't had to deal with restoring data that was inadvertently deleted, so trying to understand what the most efficient option/s are to handle this without spending a ton of time on it.