Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How can I archive sheets that I no longer use?

SashaR
SashaR
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

My team has a bunch of sheets that we do not use but we might need to reference later. Whats the best method for archiving sheets we are not using so they do not clutter up our accounts or count towards our sheet count but with the ability to access them as needed?

Comments

• Here is a great blog post from the Smartsheet team on methods to archive sheets:  http://www.smartsheet.com/blog/tips-support-don%E2%80%99t-delete-archive-your-sheet

Hope this helps!  Smile

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I routinely use Export to Excel to save sheets that I might want to refer to in the future without keeping them active and thus counting against the number of sheets I have. After exporting the sheet I can delete it or in some cases I reuse it after deleting the original data. Exports to Excel typically do not export formulas that were in the Smartsheet so you can't Import the sheet back into Smartsheet and have a working sheet again. It is possible to export the formulas by having one of the Smartsheet support people enable that on your system but that also enables it on reports which typically messes up the calculations on rows that end up in the report. I also have Smartsheet do an automatic backup download every Saturday. The backed-up sheets  do not have the formulas either, just the values in each cell.

This discussion has been closed.