Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formatting automated email notifications

Kylie D'Costa
Kylie D'Costa ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Team,

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the detail in the subject line of automated email notifications?

Also, can we choose what data is shown in body of the email? Perhaps change layout etc?

Thanks

Kylie

Comments

• Hi Kylie,

There isn't a way to customize Alerts (Notifications or Reminders) emails but I've added your vote for this type of functionality to our enhancement request list for further consideration.

Thanks!

• Kylie D'Costa
    Kylie D'Costa ✭✭
    edited 02/16/17

Thanks Shaine.

• Would like to add vote.

Would like to be able to colour code or prioritize alerts and notifications.  Depending on number of shared sheets, would be good to be able to quickly organize and prioritize actionable notifications.

For now resorting to capitalizing the Subject line or first line of the Body with specific action (i.e. "APPROVAL").  Any other suggestions?

Thank-you,

-Keith

• Is there a way to customize the email body for the emails sent via Smartsheet. Currently, any email I sent has Rows, Comments etc in it. It is very distracting. Can we remove these?

• There hasn't been a reply to the latest comments on this thread.

As a start, I'd like to be able to control simple things in the layout of the alert emails, like not including the underlying sheet reference. Is that possible?

• Mary Vogt
    Mary Vogt ✭✭✭✭✭

I need this capability as well. Currently, the alert email is all bright yellow and with different fonts and sizes. It looks horrible. Is there anyway we can customize the CSS associated with it?

• Agreed.  The ability to customize the look and feel of the alerts would be a game changer for us.  I have a weekly alert that shows all the new comments on a sheet and the way it organizes the comments with the Row's as lightly shaded, small fonts makes it hard to consume.  Please add my vote to the ability to modify this CSS.

• hanseric
    hanseric ✭✭✭✭

Is there some way to make it so the thread looks more like a thread?

Right now it's pretty hard to read. Needs more structure. I can parse it out, but my users would probably be less patient about it.

The blob.png

• Please add my vote too! :)

• amaka1
    amaka1
    edited 03/07/19

Would love to have this feature available! Currently trying to send out emails with links to a company help page but no luck :( 

• kagrawa
    kagrawa ✭✭

I think this is a very important request. We want to use smartsheets triggers to initiate client-facing email messages. But all the emails Smarthseets generates from alerts (etc.) look like they are meant for internal use only. E.g. how would I send a nicely-formatted "thank you" email to someone who submits something on a Smartsheets form? I don't want a bunch of garbage about number of rows and columns changed, etc. I want my own email message body that uses bits of column values as fill-in fields.

• Is there any update on when formatting features will be added to help make notification emails from SmartSheets readable?  It has my vote! 

• Way back more than 2 years ago since this request was asked and added to the vote of upgrades. This will be a game changer since email notifications are so important. Would anyone in support team can provide update on this? 

• Plus one for this feature.  Emails look unorganized and cluttered.  It's often hard to find the information that's important.  Have a good UX person look at it.

Spend some of those IPO dollars and make this better ;)  

• jhl
    jhl ✭✭✭

I agree! I am new to smartsheet and am surprised that I can't customize the fields sent in an email to my users i support. Also, i would like the subject line to include the auto-generated number from a field I am using to signify a request number.

This discussion has been closed.