Weigh in on Smartsheet's Next Strategic Feature

Gwyneth C
Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello community! Now is your chance to make your mark on a new feature we're researching: conditional notifications.

Take a look at a prototype and provide your feedback through a 10 minute usability test: https://s2.userzoom.com/m/NCBDNjUwUzY2

Prototype available on Firefox, Chrome, or IE8+ only

Thanks for your participation!

NOTE: After you complete a task, click the Success or Not Sure button at the bottom of your screen. This will advance you to the next task.

Comments

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is this different from Kit Unger's post from yesterday?

• Spencer Marlow
    edited 09/16/16

Just completed the task. This enhancement looks fantastic, it is undobtably a top priority addition. Thanks !!

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi John,

Yep, same as Kit's post. As you probably guessed, we're pretty excited about this and want to make sure people get a chance to participate.

-Gwyneth

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Theses are great.  I hope you are testing them on ppl outside of this community to see how users who are less famaliar with building solutions respond.

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Brett,

Yes we are. Thanks!

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭

Took the test.  I believe this feature will be a great addition and give users greater options to who is notifed and when.  I already have numerous items I would update.  This could also solve our issue with over notifying people. 

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think these enhancements will be very useful to users.  I would love to see an enhancement made to the Alerts as well.  I would love to be able to schedule a specific time to send an alert.

Thanks for letting us have a sneak peak.

• Matt Stofka
    Matt Stofka ✭✭✭✭

Just completed the exercise.  Great stuff...really looking forward to having these notification features and appreciate the opportunity to provide my feedback.

Thanks,
    Matt

• I have already thought of multiple notifications I want to add.  This will be super helpful.

• BINGO!  When will this be available!?

• Mattisphere
    Mattisphere ✭✭✭✭✭

My update requests will be very jealous of the notifications new features. It would be awesome if you could unify this process across reminders/notifications/update requests.

Also, would love to see the logic field similar to Salesforce so we can group AND and OR statements rather than the way it appears to be setup as strictly ALL or ANY (AND or OR).

Being able to setup reminders like this is going to make templates that much easier to use so we don't have to edit 20 notifications to go to the right person. Just put their name in the Assigned to column once and voila! the right person gets the notifications for that sheet.

• Gary Bisel
    Gary Bisel ✭✭✭

Just completed the tasks, this is GREAT!! When will this be launched?

Gary Bisel CSPO, CSM

Product Manager, Bulk Materials Segment

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

These are very nice.  I can see alot of potential here.  It is good functionality.  (note, it did not work for me in Chrome, but did work in Firefox.  Not sure if thats because of add-blockers or what)

I'll echo what Stephanie said though about setting times.  I have teams in the US, Netherlands, UK, Russia, and China.  We use the notifications as cumulative shift reports for the team.  So, rather than each person sending out an individual report, all they have to do is type in their comments and the daily report comes out at the "end of the day".  However, it is not "end of the day" SS time that we are trying to implement.  It is "end of the day" for the timezones of our teams.  Currently my Chinese site receives the alerts between noon and 5pm their time.  By this point, they're almost done with their work when the report of 'yesterday' arrives for them to see.  Somehow this must be possible.

Also, while we're working on alerts, can we please consider grouping the information by row rather than by the categories: row changes, then attachments, then comments?  It's visually distracting to have to scroll up/down/up/down just to see the changes to a single row.  Please put the changes/attachments for the row with the comments.

• This enhancement is amazing and very helpful.  As others have asked, when will this be available?  I have numerous sheets and workspaces that I would like to use it for.

• This is a great addition - to echo Kyle Kaldor, when will this be available?!