Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Comments

124»

Comments

• The only slightly significant thing is the "show all".

The issue of all comments being grouped under the oldest comment as replies has not been fixed despite being told this would be addressed.

Useless!

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.  I'm still stuck with the muck that August caused.  In order to put my comments in chronological order, I have to export the excel file and sort it.  However, since they've made this part of the structure of the system (uckh, replies), I really don't expect that they will ever fix that problem caused by the update. 

I like the show all better than the previous "Twitter format", but it should be something we can set as a default behavior, rather than having to click it EVERY time we open comments on a new row.

• Bump. Any news on getting the old "discussion" back?

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks so much Jeff.

Yes.  We lost two nice features with this 'upgrade' to comments.

1. The ability to print the whole comment section from within the comments.  

(the closest workaround is to print the entire row, but you get extra stuff with that)

2. "Workspace Overview" : The ability to open up a workspace and see all of the comments that happened on that workspace by clicking on the comment button.  

Now when you open comments in the workspace, all you see is the comments for the workspace itself.  You cannot see the sheet or row comments from the workspace view - and this was a major value to my teams because they could quickly see all the comments that happened in the workspace.  Now they have to go sheet by sheet by sheet by sheet by sheet etc.

When will these things be FIXED?  Bear in mind here we're not asking you guys to add some new feature for us - we're asking you to please give us our functionality back.

Please let us know when we can have this back.

This discussion has been closed.