Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

SUMIF condition is met

2»

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The ranges all need to be same size.

Name:Name is the full column. 

Steps1:Steps64 is 64 cells. 

Craig

• GAH! Thank you. I am still trying to learn the logic. 

• I used a =Sum formula to get the total of column Cost7:Cost14 ($1,189.98).

I am now trying to create a formula where if reimburse was selected as "no" then the original costs would be crossed out (giving a "0" value) leaving an accurate left over to be reimbursed amount underneath (In this case $60).

Help please!

Travel Reimbursement.png

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

PC,

Use SUMIFS (SUMIF also works, but my recommendation is to get in the habit of using SUMIFS)

=SUMIFS(Cost7:Cost14,Reimburse7:Reimburse14,"Yes")

This won't "cross out" the value, but it won't sum the ones that are not "Yes".

Another bit of advice, this post is from 2016. There aren't many people that would be seeing your post at all.

Better practice is to submit a new tickets. You can reference this post and say something like "I tried what it said there but was not successful"

Welcome to the Community.

Craig

• LMK
    LMK ✭✭
    edited 01/22/19

I am trying a similar task using the formula below but am getting an UNPARSEABLE error; I am trying to add the numbers in the Wk 1 Allocation % when the Assigned To column is set to a particular name/person.

Here is the formula I am using: =SUMIF([Assigned To]:[Assigned To], "NAME," [Wk 1 Allocation %]:[Wk 1 Allocation %]).  Appreciate any help in what I am missing in this formula.

Thanks.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi LMK,

How did it go? Did you get something set up?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I have the same problem, no idea what is going wrong. I assumed that the fact that we have actually allocated people complicates the calculation. Not sure about the solution

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Katia,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I am having some problems with this formula for a similar use case. I am trying to total the amount of hours a person has spent on a project.

If I put...

=SUMIF([Assigned To]:[Assigned To], "Timothy Lawrence", Hours:Hours)

The formula correctly finds that 10 hours has been spent by Timothy Lawrence

However, in the row below if I put the same formula but change the name to another person:

=SUMIF([Assigned To]:[Assigned To], "Emily Young", Hours:Hours)

Then I the cells change to #BLOCKED and #CIRCULAR respectively. Any ideas why this would happen?

This discussion has been closed.