Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

OneDrive - Central Account

David Sornig
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I know you can upload from OneDrive to Smartsheet and the document actually be stored on OneDrive.  The problem is I don;t want documents stored in each individual person OneDrive. I want any document uploaded to go to a common OneDrive account.  Basically if I share a sheet with an external user and request files from them I want it to go to my OneDrive account and not his.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

David

Tags:

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/29/16

David what you say makes perfect sense and in Dropbox you just need to make sure the document being shared resides in a Folder shared to those that need to access it. 

One Drive should be the same surely? 

Then you have just one LIVE copy of the document for all to view or edit. 

Regards

RichardR

• David Sornig
    edited 09/30/16

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  I sent uploaded a document from our corp. OneDrive account.  Everyone can see the document and has access to it.  I then requested an external cleint to upload a file using Smartsheet.  The external user does not have a OneDrive account.  When he uploads the file it just goes to SmartSheet.  This is HIPPA data and SmartSheet is not HIPPA compliant.  I would like when the external user clicks on attachment in SmartSheet that it uploads to our OneDrive account even if the user does  or does not have a OneDrive account.

Thanks,

David

This discussion has been closed.