Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheets for medical practices

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful with HIPAA.

I don't believe many SaaS cloud based systems satisfy the most recent requirements.

But I'm not paranoid, I'm just convinced they are out to get me (and my data)

Craig

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 09/26/16

These very large hospitals at this link below publically endorse SmartSheet..

https://www.smartsheet.com/customers

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

George,

If you mean using SS to manage a Project Plan for a project in the medical industry, I think you are fine. But as for handling medical data see the info from the link below.

Tim

https://www.smartsheet.com/security-info

HIPAA Statement

Under HIPAA, certain information about a person’s health or health care services is classified as Protected Health Information (PHI). Smartsheet customers who are subject to HIPAA are advised to refrain from storing PHI in Smartsheet. Smartsheet does not enter into Business Associate Agreements (BAA

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi George, I guess with a name like yours, you must be in the USA? (empty profile?) 

However this may help...In the UK we have numerous NHS orgs using Smartsheet to plan their projects and deliver them very successfully and growing fast. Also and even bigger usage is for the Administrators, Health and Safety, Property & Estate managers... the list goes on; with one golden rule. No patient data is included in Smartsheet, but that is fine because there is a very robust system for that data anyway.

What Smartsheet is good at (as we all know) is getting the work done and generating efficiencies of 30% or better, compared to legacy systems.   But these public servants are rightly careful with our confidential data. 

So my answer to you George is yes, Smartsheet is ideal! and make sure you tell all your colleagues in the other departments, they will thank you! 

Regards

RichardR 

• Hello all,

We've recently made a change to our policy on HIPAA compliance.

By entering in a business associate agreement (BAA) with Smartsheet and adhering to the Smartsheet HIPAA Implementation Guide, your organization can use Smartsheet in accordance with HIPAA.

To start the process of becoming HIPAA compliant with Smartsheet, please visit Smartsheet for Healthcare.

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for the info!  I'll pass along internally.

Tim

This discussion has been closed.