Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

External URL

Pedro
Pedro ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

How can I make a link to an external url so people can click on the link and it takes them to open up a webpage?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/29/15

To create a hyperlink, right click in a cell with data and select Hyperlink. 

• Hi Travis,

I have people submitting links through a webform, and it would be great to have those clickable in the cells as they populate. Is there a column type that would do that? It's really too much data for the sheet manager to turn each cell into a hyperlink manually.

Thanks!

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 06/10/15

Hi Mel - adding a URL to any cell  (through a web form or directly in the sheet) will automatically make it a hyperlink, just make sure it starts with www, http://, or https://

• Hi Travis, how can we make an URL:tel to be able to dial directly from smartsheet for Windows? My ipad work but doesnt redirect to my voip Bria application to dial.

Regards

John M

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi solutionorange - we don't support URL:tel hyperlinks in the application but I will add your vote for this enhancement request! 

• Hi Travis, Mike here Australia - can you tell me is there a way to hyperlink from the Smart Sheets home page I want to make a google calendar tab that hyperlinks directly to my google calendar and not via a cell in a sheet - see attached image and tab, I would like to be able to click the tab to open an external link - any way to request a mod to enable external link tabs as I'm sure many would benefit from it?   

google calendar tab.PNG

This discussion has been closed.