Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sheet scrolling with mouse issue

Ian Wetherill
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

I am unable to sheet scroll using my mouse.

Pulling the side tag works but not with mouse since today.

Any reason for this?

Rgds

Ian

Comments

• Hi Ian,

Logitech equipment has been known to interfere with Smartsheet. If you're using a Logitech mouse, you may need to switch it out to successfully scroll.

Otherwise, see if you're able to scroll in Smartsheet using other browsers. 

If you're able to scroll in a different browser, extensions in the browser you're experiencing the issue in may be interfering with Smartsheet. Disable all of your extensions to see if the scrolling issue disappears. You can then enable them one-by-one to determine the extension causing the issue.

If your browser isn't the issue, try multiple sheets and see if the issue is sheet specific.

After troubleshooting with the steps above, if you find the issue is sheet specific or you still haven't found the root cause, contact our Support team to troubleshoot further.

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

It's not just Logitech mice. Scrolling on Mac is horrible. it stutters then barely scrolls or blows past your target. Why haven't you fixed this?

• Hi Ken,

I personally use a Mac and don't experience the issue that you're describing.

This issue may be more related to how your mouse or trackpad is interacting with Smartsheet. To troubleshoot this, try switching to a different tool to scroll (for example, switch to a mouse if you use a trackpad).

If that doesn't work, make sure this isn't a browser issue. First, make sure your browser is up to date. Otherwise, try using Smartsheet with a different browser altogether to see if there's improvement.

Contact our Support team if the above options don't help the issue.

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/08/19

I use the trackpad in my MacBook and a mouse. I have the issue in Chrome and Safari and both are up to date. It has never worked for me. Can you take a video of you scrolling with precise accuracy in Chrome?

Clarification: I am referring to scrolling in Calendar view.

• Ken—please reach out to our Support team to troubleshoot your issue further.

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

ok I will, but do you have issues scrolling in Calendar view?

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for not replying Shaine and making me go through support to find out that scrolling in Calendar view on Mac is buggy. Here's the last email I got from support:

Hi Ken,

I heard back on my bug report to our development team regarding scrolling in the Calendar view on a macOS computer using a trackpad. It was confirmed to be a bug in how the scrolling behavior is implemented. I don't have any information on a timeline to a fix for this issue.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Tier 3 Escalations Engineer | Smartsheet Support

Just putting this out there so others dont waste their time removing extensions etc...

• Hi Ken, 

This is really helpful, thank you for your efforts here. 

Smartsheet team - I can confirm this is an issue for myself as well (Mac User - Chrome / Safari issue using both Magic Mouse and Trackpad) 

This is considerably holding me back with my work both editing and sharing my timelines. If I screenshare (which I regularly do) the frozen scroll and inability to move forward / back in date view is a substantial issue. 

I am glad this is raised as a bug, please update when this will be fixed. If this persists as a bug I am unable to use smartsheet as my daily project planning tool and will look elsewhere. 

• This is also a problem for me when using a trackpad on Chrome on a Windows. It makes using Gantt view unusable day-to-day and demoing in front of clients is very painful.

Thanks,

Dan

This discussion has been closed.