Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Running Multiple Projects on SS

Regan French
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hey SS Community,

I am involved with a company that currently has no central data base overviewing all projects.

I want to put a system in place where the PMs can manage their own projects.

Also a system where the sales, quoting and other teams can oversee how the projects unfold throughout the project life cycle.

I understand that Smartsheet is a brilliant program for this. 

If anyone has worked with similar Smartsheets before, I would appreciate their feedback on how they did it successfully giving their company that edge on project communication, project integration, scope management, schedule management, etc...

Any comment will be helpful.

Thanks a lot guys. Smile

Regan French

Comments

• Hello Regan—if you don't find the answer you're looking for in the community, you might seek out our Design Desk team to help create the workflow you need: https://www.smartsheet.com/design-desk

• I hope others will also respond and share their ideas, but I'll explain a common use case that I've heard from customers who are using our new Smartsheet for Salesforce integration to keep their Sales and Finance team members informed of the latest project status in Smartsheet...

Many customers have their Salesforce instance configured with custom Project and Milestone objects that are affiliated with an Opportunity or an Account. The Project Manager collaborates with the project team to execute the project inside Smartsheet, where typically there is a more detailed set of tasks under each milestone. As Milestone status or dates change, the Project Manager update the corresponding Milestones in Salesforce to keep the Sales team informed.

The benefit is that the Sales and Finance teams see the latest status of a project and its milestones while looking at an Account or Opportunity directly inside Salesforce. The challenge customers described to us is that Project Managers must remember to login to Salesforce and manually update the the date and status of a Milestones as they change in the project schedule in Smartsheet. They often forget or do it only once per week and the project status information in Salesforce becomes out of date or inaccurate.

Automating this scenario is one of use cases we designed the Smartsheet for Salesforce integration around. With the new Smartsheet for Salesforce integration, the status and dates of Milestones in Salesforce are automatically kept in sync with the schedule in Smartsheet as the Project Manager and Project Team update the schedule. The Project Manager and the Project Team no longer have to manually update Salesforce, saving their time, and the Sales and Finance teams are always informed with accurate and current project/milestone information inside Salesforce.

Hope this is helpful. I'm looking forward to other customers sharing how they communicate Project Status with sales, quoting and other teams.

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations

This discussion has been closed.