Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is having multiple 'events' on the same row or specific days highlighted possible on Gantt view

Nathan Bourne
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I'm creating a Gantt chart to monitor and plan my progress for a thesis I am writing. I have the various stages of my thesis with their sub-projects indented under them, so my Gantt chart is becoming quite tall.

I also need the days of my other deadlines highlighted on the Gantt chart, so I can see where my deadlines will affect the progress on my thesis. I have tried to do this by indenting each deadline under the heading "assignment deadlines". However, the problem I have with this is that each deadline is on its own row, so I have about  6 days worth of projecet taking up 6 rows in my Gantt chart, which looks a little silly as it's a huge waste of space.

Is it possible to move these onto the same row to save all this space? This could also be done by having specific days on the Gantt chart highlighted, by either having a line running down. It just needs to be a visual thing that I could add at the end.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.