Scan Barcodes with the Smartsheet Mobile Apps

2»

Comments

• Si Spence
    Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭

quick question on barcodes....can I use as a lookup?  ie can I open a new sheet, scan a code and pull into that new sheet certain details held in a master barcode sheet.  We want to use barcode scanning to capture information on the products we sell.  we want to go into a store, find our product on the shelf, scan it, capture the retail price and any other observations.  Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.

• Hello 

having issues with getting the camera image to appear when scanning barcode. Any tips?

• I love that you are able to scan the barcode on the app. Is there a way to use this same feature to "check out" or remove a piece of inventory. For example, if I have pieces of equipment being used to fix machines, can those items be removed through a simple barcode scan on SS so that I will know to order more?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rebecca Dudley You would have a form set up so that when someone scans the barcode in the form and submits it, it records that a form submission was made for that item. You can use a default value within the form to indicate it is a form submission for removal. Then subtract that from an original inventory.

• LaurenLong
    LaurenLong ✭✭✭

Hi! I'm wanting to use barcodes for event registration. The participant would show us their email with a barcode and we would scan it into our Smartsheet mobile apps. We would need the Smartsheet to create a barcode and barcode image (which we could send to the participant upon their registration via automation). I haven't found a way to do that and am not wanting to link several tools together. Any tips?