Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Request: view attachment thumbnails inline of comments

A.C. Ivory
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I would really like the see a good sized thumbnail of the attachments I put into my comments. This will often save time from having to click on the attachment and have it open in an overlay like it currently does. Asana does a great job of doing this (see screenshot - blurred out comment and image for privacy of my company).

example.png

Comments

• Hello AC,

Thanks for the input! :) I'll pass your feedback along to our Product team.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

+1 for this feature.  We really need a better way of seeing them other than click, wait, view, close, repeat.  Thumbnails would be a useful addition.

Taking it another step further, what if we could have vertical pop-up window that appears when you mouse over the attachment icon in the row?  Which would show the latest image/images attached, like the last 3.  Or, in the popup, you could scroll up/down through the thumbnails.

• @Brad I'll make sure your voice is heard by our Product team on this. With any new feature, the main goal is to not obstruct the sheet grid, making sure the feature doesn't get in the way of your ability to click on other cells/toolbar buttons in your sheet.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The first one was important, as finding the right picture attachment is cumbersome.

The second one was just more of a brainstorming.  Your make a good point about sheet obstruction, we would not want that.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/08/16

Please add my vote for thumbnails or other means to quickly find the attachment we are looking for.

Craig

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 11/10/16

Thanks for the input J. Craig, I've got your vote down as well.

• Hi Team - I just started using SmartSheets and am v impressed so far. I'd like to +1 this idea. I am raising system bugs on Cards - each one has a screen shot. It would save a lot of time if the screenshot attachment previewed when opening the card rather than clicking attachment and attachment name - please help!

This discussion has been closed.