Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Requests: Community updates

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

2. I'd like to be able to see in My Profile only the posts that I started.

If there was a way to filter those results, that would be fantastic too.

I've posted a few threads here and commented on one or two more, and sometimes I KNOW I have fixed the problem and while I can usually find it, sometimes, it takes too long and I give up.

3. Allow update of the thread topic by others. Sometimes, the topic is wrong or needs a tweak - the poster may have the problem was a conditional formatting one, but it was solved with a Report or a formula. I can see why this would not be implemented, but I haven't seen any indication that Community members would abuse it.

4. Add "Community" to the list of Functinality for discussion topics.

Thanks for listening.

TopicLink.jpg

Comments

• I agree, except...

#3.  My opinion is that editing the topic should be in the hands of moderators only.  However I think other users should be able to add tags to a thread to improve its searchability.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

#3 I think editing should be by author only. Tags are different matter.

Moderators should be all or nothing and no one here posts things that are worthy (imo) of deletion. 

Craig

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Craig,

Thanks for posting the tips! As for these requests, I'll start with the easy one.

#4. I've added a "Community Platform" tag to the functionality list. Great suggestion, please try it out.Smile

#1 & #2 Community platform feature enhancements. I'll add these to my list of feaure requests for the community platform.

#3  Only the author can modify a topic, including how the topic is tagged. 

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Regards,

Gwyneth 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Gwyneth,

I would have rejected #3 too. Wink

Craig

This discussion has been closed.