Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

refresh

So I have what I hope is a common issue resulting in a simple solution - when I make a change on my mobile app, the desktop "main" sheet doesn't automatically update. The only way I can think of to work with this is to remember to refresh the main desktop sheet. That requires mousing over the side bar "sheet" icon and scrolling down to refresh. There should be a keybaord shortcut for this, but I don't think there is one.. and ... I have to remember to do this. So, two problems: it doesn't do it automatically, and you have to remember to do it without the benefit of a keybaord shortcut (a pain if you're scrolling/clicking obsessively all day). If I get multiple users making changes to the sheet in real time, I can see things really going sideways if someone deosn't remember to refresh. Any solutions? Automatic refresh seems like an obvious no-brainer... a definite head-scratcher as to why it isn't there already...

Comments

• Hi Spencer,

While there is no 'shortcut' (that I know of), but it would be might handy for a keyboard shortcut as the little refresh button is might small for some, you can always refresh your webpage as a whole, or as a 'best practice' close the sheets you are not using on your desktop or even simply go to HOME TAB when you are not actively working on your sheets. 

Fiddly but worth it in the long run.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can find the shortcuts here:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522200-keyboard-shortcuts

and there isn't a refresh.

Craig

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Craig, great reminder ... 

Spencer, 

bearing in mind Smartsheet is viewed through your Browser and they are "lazy" they wont automatically refresh unless you set that up, which you can do in the browser settings. If you miss the (smartsheet) Blue Squirly that tells you to click it and Refresh your sheet which automatically appears when data has changed and YOU are still looking at the old version, surely the easiest Refresh is CTRL + Refresh (icon) in your Browser, which forces a Refresh. Then everything you are viewing will refresh? 

Hope that helps?

Richardr

• Hi there, I've got your vote down for an automatic refresh option on our enhancement request list for further review by our Product team.

• Spencer MacGillivray
    edited 12/01/16

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I should have added that I use the Chrome Smartsheet App on my Mac desktop, and there doesn't seem to be any option to refresh the App other than I have described above. And thank you for the "best practices" advice - this would be a good habit to get into, even though I would still need to click twice and wait, many times over. Thanks again everyone.

This discussion has been closed.