Data storage EU

MacGordon
MacGordon
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I'm afraid my question is not a new one, but I'm not giving up hope that Smartsheet is interested in expanding into Europe.

Since I realized, that EU-GDPR seems to be accepted, the IT-data-security-departments at my Clients in Germany are still focused on where Smartsheet stores the data. Tha is top level of importance for the companies in Germany since data storage at US-clouds is oftenly not acceptable due to security reasons…

My personal opinion: If Smartsheet is willing to go to increase European market share… sooner or later, there won't be any other way as giving the customers access to European server (better German, because of high standards) because of data-security reasons.

Are there any thougts relating that to offer data storage in EU for EU-customer in the near future...?

Thanks!

Best Mark

Comments

• Mark Poole
    Mark Poole Employee

Hi Mark,

Smartsheet has no such plans at this time.

However, we process your personal data in accordance with the EU data protection legislation. We provide information about this in our Data Privacy Notice

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal data is being processed, please reach out to Smartsheet’s Vice President of Legal, who serves as the company's data protection contact, and can be contacted at privacy@smartsheet.com.

Kind regards,

Mark Poole

Smartsheet Support Security

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark Poole

I have heard, that a hosting on a server in germany will be available soon.

Do you have mor information regarding this?

How can we see / configure on which server our sheets and data are stored and processed?

Thank you and kind regards, Joachim Mund