Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Email to Smartsheet?

Options
Jamison
Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I currently am locked into Outlook 2010 on my PC, but it is connected to Office365. Is there anyway to create a row in a sheet when i flag or categorize an email OR can i forward an email into smartsheet somehow? EDIT: I am open to using Zapier or IFTTT also. Thanks.

Comments

• Tom Grainger
    Options

I've got something similar working with Zapier by creating an email to Smartsheet Zap. When i send an email to the zapier email address (which is sheet specific), it inserts a new row using the email subject as the Task Subject. You can map more fields and I can see there are now a whole load of templates people have created to do similar things.

Hope this helps.

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/01/15
    Options

Smartsheet has an integration with Outlook which makes it easy to add emails to your sheets. According to the help center article, it works for Office 365 and Outlook 2013. I am not exactly sure how your subscription works but if you can log into Office 365 online, you should be able to use this. Here is information on this:

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/1960482-smartsheet-app-for-outlook-beta-

• Jamison
    Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/06/15
    Options

Thank you Tom - is there any Zap that can add an attachment to Smartsheet? I tried this one and the text works fine, but the attachment does not get added to the row.

• Jamison
    Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Following up on this - would like to be ableto add attachment via Zapier. I do not have the ability to use the outlook add-in.

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Zapier does not support adding attachments to Smartsheet. You can send an email into a sheet but it wouldn’t include any attachments.  I have not used IFTTT before, so I cannot say if they suppor this or not

• Terry McDonald
    Options

I would like to add my vote for this feature request.  My company is using Asana which has this feature - allowing you to simply populate your task list by forwarding an email to x@mail.asana from your email account.  It's incredibly efficient.

• rudders
    Options

email task to spreadsheet would be very handy - trello does this also as do many todo apps.

• Russell Fabry
    Options

Yeah, I'm up for this feature. 

• Pierre Ammoun
    edited 04/03/17
    Options

Any update on this feature that is really important ?

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi All—

Currently, the ability to add information from an email directly to a sheet is only available with our Office 365 integration (see the best answer above for details). When you have a moment, please submit your ideas for how you'd like this type of feature to work while solely in Smartsheet with our new process. Details on the new feedback process are in our community announcement: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

• MATRIX Architect
    Options

I would like to have an email address I can have field reps use to add an attachment to one of my sheets. For some reason, I am unable to click on any links within the community.

• vhughston28696
    Options

I'd like an email address to sheet, with attachment would be great, but at least email to a sheet is a must. The new plugin for Gmail is inefficient and time consuming- you click the Smartsheet icon in Gmail and select the project sheet; at times, it's sluggish. A quick forward and add email is so much easier...

PS- a reply to notifications would be great as well. Currently, a link to sheet is provided; if at least a link to row, replies can be made in comments.

These are the last 2 pieces that would make Smartsheet ahead of competitors.

• Neisha Fredericks
    Options

Are there any updates on this becoming a feature? I agree the Gmail integration is cumbersome and a turn off for folks I am trying to turn on to Smartsheet. As they are using Trello and can email directly to their boards. 

• Hi.  I accomplished this by: 

1) creating a new gmail address ( inbound_smartsheet@gmail.com)

2) Using the "Add Smartsheet rows for new emails in Gmail" zapier to route any emails hitting that account into my Smartsheet (at the top of the page).

It's inelegant, but seems to work. Known limitations: 

1) Zapier only checks the email every 15 minutes

2) needs one email address per Smartsheet

But at least it should work until Smartsheet rolls out a relevant feature. 

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would be brilliant. 

Emails to Smartsheet. 

This discussion has been closed.