Drop Down List Data Validation

kaitlin
kaitlin
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

My team and I are new to Smartsheet, and after 2 days of using the software, have already found a couple of major road blocks that will likely keep us from using Smartsheet. 

The biggest is the inability to create a drop down list that uses data validation to pull a list of options from another Sheet. (Example - one sheet be used to keep track of all products we offer, then be able to integrate that drop down into several sheets). It is not practical to ask my team to manually input/update the dropdown options on every sheet  when our product offerings update (frequently). 

I've seen countless threads here asking for the feature from 2015 - 2017, but see no resolution, other than some external services that provide a workaround, but these are costly, rely on Google Drive (not what most large corporations use), or the programs are now defunct or bought out by other companies.

Any solutions or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated, as we see the potential with Smartsheet, but need a bit more functionality to actually use it.

Comments