New Skype for Business Integration, Improvements to the Toolbar and Sheet Filters

Our new release includes an enhanced toolbar (redesigned based on customer feedback), a new Current user criterion for sheet filters, and Skype for Business Online integration.

Note that the referenced Help Center articles below will be updated with information on the new features on January 18th, 2017.

Let’s take a look at these new features:

Left Toolbar Enhancements—Including a new Insert Image button and a new Sum tool. Indent using [Ctrl] + ] and outdent using [Ctrl] + [ on your keyboard. (The previous shortcuts of [Ctrl] + [K] to indent and [Ctrl] + [M] to outdent will still work.)  Check out the Formatting Options article for more information.

Sheet Filters—A new Current user criterion allows collaborators to see only the tasks relevant to them via a single filter. You can find details on this in the article on Viewing Your Assigned Tasks.

Skype for Business Integration—Business and eligible Enterprise plans can send instant messages using Skype for Business Online without having to leave Smartsheet. For more information on this, check out the article on Communicating with Skype for Business from Smartsheet. 

An overview of new features, plus a list of bugs fixed in this release, will be publicly available later this week on our Release Notes site: https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes

You can try out these new features in Smartsheet today!

Comments

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

Changes are live? I don't see anything different.

Run and get the pitchforks! Cool

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Shaine,

I'm leading 3 internal training classes over the next 2 days on Smartsheet so looking forward to showing of the new Toolbar and Filter menu...got to read up fast.

I won't use the Skype feature in my current agency...

Please, please, please...really wanting Conditional Notificaitons in the next release!

thanks,

Tim

• @Preston—Changes go into effect over a 4 hour window, so everyone will get the new update over time, we should all see the new version of Smartsheet today. You can set your pitchforks down. (Unless you actually need them to pitch hay.)

@Tim—We're working on conditional notifications but we don't have a definite release date. We want to make sure the functionality is air-tight before releasing it. Stay tuned!

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shaine,

Pitchfork went down last night around midnight. Updated interface is nice and clean. Just having a little fun!

Thanks!

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Even though it was not on my wishlist, I'm super excited about this release.  There's something magical about getting systems to work together.  My company uses Skype for Business already, and the ability to integrate that natively into our existing systems is just plain amazing.  I really hope that my boss approves this, because it adds a completely new level to the collaborative nature of what is already a great software.  Really really cool.

Thank you Smartsheet team!

@Tim,

Couldn't agree more buddy.  I think those custom notifications will be sweet based on the trials I ran.  As for me, the top of my wishlist is blocking rows from being deleted.  It happens much more than I would like.  (cough... Shaine... cough... hint... cough) Wink

• @brad—I've added another vote to our enhancement request list on your behalf. It's good to bring awareness to our Product team so they know what challenges our users. (Does it work if I do it? Cough...Product team...hint...cough...) 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Shaine.  You've really taken to the CM role well.  Keep up the good work.

• Chat provider settings do not appear in Account Admin > Account Settings like directed on the how-to article. Can't find it anywhere.

• Hi Micah,

The Skype for Business Integration is available Business plans and eligible Enterprise plans. If you're not seeing the Chat Provider setting, you likely don't have one of those plan types. I'd recommend reaching out to Sales@Smartsheet.com to discuss upgrading or changing your plan.

• We're on Enterprise (legacy).

• Hello Micah,

Please reach out to Sales@Smartsheet.com or contact your sales rep to discuss further.