Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

'Enter' submits Smartsheet form

Renae Laird
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the settings for a form so hitting 'Enter' doesn't automatically submit the form?

I have respondents who are inadvertently submitting a partial survey.

Thanks in advance,

Renae

Tags:

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could give clear instruction to finish the form before clicking submit or you could make the last question compulsory, or both? 

Regards RichardR

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 06/29/15

Good news Renae, we are changing the way the Enter button works in our next release on July 11th. After this release, pressing Enter will not submit the form unless you have focus on the Submit button. 

• Great suggestion, Richard. I did add in instructions about not hitting enter until the form is complete. I hadn't thought about making the last question mandatory. Also a good suggestion.

Travis, I'm thrilled to hear that this functionality is being added with the next release. We are evangelizing your product to a client of ours, and it's nice to be able to show them the support and conversation available.

Thanks y'all!

Renae

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,

That's great news!!  With this release will we have to do something to our existing webforms to accomodate this change.

• I agree to making a response mandatory - for example a checkbox for "survey complete"

This discussion has been closed.