Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webforms

Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Travis,

I would like to request that Smartsheets gives us the ability to print a webform after it has been submitted.  I know if you are the one filling out and submitting the webform you can request an email copy which is great.  But if I'm the one managing the smartsheet that the info populates into I do not have that capability.

Thanks.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/20/15

Thanks for the suggestion, Stephanie! I will pass your feedback along to our product teamLaughing

You are familiar with Zapier, correct? You could build a Zap that emails you the content of the row when a new form is submitted. It will not be branded or look like a form from Smartsheet (the way the ‘send me a copy of my responses’ looks) but it could be a good solution in the meantime. 

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,

Yes I am familiar with Zapier.  It would be a really handy application if it was free.  I've been testing it using the free trial period but we just wouldn't be useful enough to warrent paying a monthly fee. 

But there are always work arounds.  That's the fun part, trying to figure a way to make it all work.

Thanks!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Zapier does have a free version after your trial has ended - depending on the amount of tasks you want Zapier to complete, the free version might work for you. You are limited to 5 Zaps and have a limited number of actions but they have ways to increase your actions limit (such as referring friends). 

• Is there no way to get this feature customized?  I am wanting the webform looking copy to auto generate and send to me alone.  Sort of like the auto entry feature/ hidden feature.  This isnt possible with this section or feature however.  Can someone help to get this added or find a work around into this?  Can it be customized by smartsheet directly???

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 06/29/15

Hi Audiophile, there isn’t a built in way to do this but I will add your vote for this enhancement request and it will be considered for future development. In the meantime, I would recommend using Zapier to get similar results.

This discussion has been closed.