How do I address a "pending" update request?

CathW
CathW
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

I'm new to Smartsheet and can't seem to find how an answer to this.

I've just located an Update request that has a pending status (found in smartsheet, not an email).

How do I actually action the request and change the status from pending to complete?

thanks

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you click on the little envelope, a dialog box should open that lists all open Update Requests for that row. If you hover over a specific one, a dropdown arrow will appear to the left. You cannot update it to show it has been completed, but you can delete it which is basically the same thing that happens when an Update Request is completed in the usual way via email.

• My team uses this feature for feedback.

At some point when feedback is not received in a reasonable amount of time, we'd like to remove the requests.

I have been struggling to remove them individually as it locks up the SmartSheet for a period of time while the message "a web page is slowing down your browser, what would you like to do?" appears.

It would be incredibly time consuming and tedious to do these individually with the SmartSheet's slow response.

This is an area that SmartSheet developers should focus on to improve or overhaul.  While the feature is very useful, being able to manage the pending/completed requests is extremely poor.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Great idea! To have a possibility to set an expiration date, would be a significant enhancement.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.