Can it be done? Creating a workflow with a form from a seperate spreadsheet.

Julianna Wittig
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello -

I have setup a sales pipeline spreadsheet and a separate proposal tracking spreadsheet.  I would like to create a automatic workflow in the sales pipeline sheet so that when "Proposal" or "Pitch" is selected as a status in the pipeline a automatic workflow takes place to present the form for the proposal tracking spreadsheet.

Is this possible to have two sheets working together in this fashion?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/19

Hi Julianna,

Yes, it is!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheets or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée -

Thank you.  I've attached screenshots of the pipeline report and the submission form for the separate proposal tracking.  The pipeline report, is based on the smartsheet template.

Any guidance you can offer, is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Julianna

Pipeline.JPG

Form.JPG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

There are different ways to set this up, here are two options.

1. Have an alert sent with a link to the form when the status change
    2. Have a column in the sheet with the link and color the background so it's almost invisible and when the status change there is a conditional formatting rule that changes it, so it's more noticeable. Something like: "LINK" <<< Click here to open form

Would any of those options work?

Best,

​​​​​​​Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.