Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Drag attachments from Outlook to Smartsheet.

I cannot drag an attachment straight from an Outlook email into a line in Smartsheet. 

First I need to save it localy, then attach. This is time consuming. Is there a way around (setting) I am missing?

It would be nice to actually drag an email in Outlook to Smartsheet too. 

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do not know of any other way to accomplish this. It would be really nice to be able to drag attachments and messages right from Outlook into Smartsheet.

I submitted this suggestion here, and you might consider doing the same!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

We recently released a new app with Outlook Online (Office 365) and Outlook 2013 desktop (Windows) and Outlook for Mac (Mavericks or newer). This app allows you to create or edit Smartsheet tasks directly from your Outlook inbox. You can also add e-mails and their attachments directly to rows or discussions in your sheets. 

Download Smartsheet for Outlook here. To learn more about the integration, check out our Help Center article and blog post.

• Jamison
    Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to say I would like to see this as well. I am unable to unable to use add-ins due to coporate restrictions. 

Emailing task/rows into smartsheet (includign attachments, w hich  can't be done with Zapier, etc.) would also be very helpful. It is one of the primary reasons I am still looking at other options for a paid subscription. - Also sent to form linked above.

• Travis:

I folowed the process and it installed it on the outlook on the web.

How do I get it onto my desktop? i searched the "store" for smartsheet and got nothing.

Win 10 with office 2016.

• Joel Ward
    Joel Ward ✭✭✭

The drag and drop feature works between Outlook Desktop and Edge browser. But the Edge browser is really bad for using Smartsheet otherwise. 

• I was really hoping that there would be an answer to this problem...I am trying to figure out any workarounds possible since Drag & Drop isn't an option. 

The only option I have right now from Outlook is that I can right click: save to onedrive for the attachment, and then have the Sales guy open File Explorer to his onedrive location and then drag and drop the attachment into Smartsheet...

But I am hoping there is something more I can do as an action or a flow rather than making them do all these extra steps.

• Joel Ward
    Joel Ward ✭✭✭

Agreed. Edge is a horrible browser for Smartsheet, but works beautifully for dragging attachments from Outlook to Smartsheet. 

This discussion has been closed.