Formatting the Custom Message in an Alert

Art Schneiderheinze
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I would like to send an alert to each of my team members weekly at 2:00 pm on Thursdays. I created the form, and copied the URL. I created the Automated Workflow to send an alert to my team members, and include the URL in the Customized Message.

When I tested this, the customized message, with three short paragraphs (actually a paragraph is 1 or 2 sentences, but it is easier to read separated than one long paragraph).

I pasted the URL on the last line.

First, when I tested and received the alert, everything was jumbled into one paragraph. Looks horrible! Can you force line breaks (e.g., using HTML codes or something)? 

Second, is there a way to show NONE of the rows in the sheet? The sheet collects the ratings my team members give each week, and I do not want any of that displayed in the alert. All I see is the advanced option to display certain rows, but I want NO rows to display.

Finally, can I prevent a link to the sheet from being included? I want to avoid team members clicking the link to the sheet and instead use the link to the form (copied/pasted in the message).

Thanks!!!

Comments