Filter / Work flow

jstenger
jstenger
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I wanted to create a filter or workflow based on a comment added within a certain data range.

What I am trying to accomplish. - I need a filter or a workflow based on a  no comment being added to a line within a data range. So if a person does not add a comment to a line between Monday and Friday. I can filter or report on the fact no comment was added to that line. 

I want to create a filter or work based on a specific word used in a comment. 

What I am trying to accomplish. - I want to be able to filter on all comments within a date range that contain the word "update".

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would have to get your users to enter into a separate field the date that the update was made. As of right now, there is no timestamp feature for a specific action like you are looking for (but I hear it's on it's way)...

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul, that would be a very useful feature - any idea when?

• Scott Tewel
    Scott Tewel Employee
    edited 06/24/19

jstenger thanks for sharing. I'd love to learn more about the use case. If you could spare 15-20 minutes to discuss, it will really help us understand the problem so we can prioritize work to address it. Please use this link to set up time to discuss.

Thanks.

• Scott, 

I got something scheduled for us. I was not getting alerts to the comments on my post, so I didnt realize there were any untill I started looking into creating dashboards today. 

Joe

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know when, but I do have an idea.

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING IS SIMPLY MY OPINION. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY AS A DEFINITE AS IT IS ONLY BASED ON GUESSWORK AND ASSUMPTIONS.

Sorry to have to put the disclaimer, but I don't want people thinking that I have access to some kind of privileged information. 

I would keep an eye on the ENGAGE conference. It is a very highly asked for and anticipated feature. I feel like if they were to roll it out before, they wouldn't have much to make the conference really generate buzz. If they roll it out after the conference, because of the anticipation and number of requests for it, the lack of that feature may generate poor feedback on the conference.

Again... This is just me taking a guess at things, but it makes sense to me.

I do not know when they are planning on rolling it out, but I have seen various posts here in the Community that it is in the works, and (if I remember correctly) I am pretty sure I saw somewhere in here that it was anticipated to be some time this year (although I could be confusing it with the release of some other feature).

Announcing the release at the ENGAGE conference just makes the most sense (in my opinion) in the aspect of generating "buzz" and getting positive feedback from the attendees.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul,

I think we will see a few surprises at Engage as well! wink

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.