calendar and linked registrations

Colleen Branigan
Colleen Branigan ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Has anybody used SmartSheet to mass distribute a calendar with multiple events shown and connected independent links so people can select and register for each of the separate events?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Colleen,

Interesting use case and I have a few ideas!

Do you want the people to register for the events in Smartsheet as well?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/17/19

I feel like this would be a good use of the solution we came up with a little while back where we had the calendar and registration form on a dashboard together and used some metrics to have the description on the calendar view automatically update with how many openings are still available based on the form entries.

I'll see if I can find it again and post a link to it. That may at least be a good start.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the other post...

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/form-calendar-integrati

I am thinking that since you want individual links for each event, instead of using a Web URL Widget to display a form, you could use a Shortcuts Widget and have a list of the links that will take the user to the appropriate form.

You could even take that one step further and have the link go to a dashboard that has the same calendar, but has that individual form on it, and no one would know the difference.

• Hi Andree,

Thanks for your response.  We are relatively new to Smartsheet so we are currently using an outside provider for our registrations as it puts together a complete experience with pictures, agendas, descriptions etc along with the registration tab.   Each event has it's own URL so we were hoping to somehow link those with the calendar?

I don't have any screenshots to provide as we were unsure how to build out the tool or if it was even possible.  We currently have a large quantity of educational as well as customer appreciation events that we offer and we were hoping to be able to communicate them to our customers in a calendar format enabling them to have one location to browse our events and register.  Our team is planning the events and budgeting in smartsheet so it seemed it might be a next step.

Does this help at all?

Regards,

Colleen

• Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response.  We don't have the calendar integration yet as we are relatively new to Smartsheet.  So far, we have only been using the calendar view for some of our work.  I think we have a bit of a ways to go before we are able to implement something like this.    I have a lot to learn and really appreciate the input so we can maximize our usage.

Colleen

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Colleen,

My linked thread does not utilize the calendar integration. It is a solution that takes advantage of the calendar view.

After reading your response to Andree, I see that you have unique URL's for each event. I've been brainstorming on some ideas on how to make this work for you, but haven't come up with anything solid yet. Just some general ideas.

When someone access the URL and wants to register for that specific event, what type of form is used? Where is that registration stored?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Would it work to have the events in the calendar view in Smartsheet and when you open it up, you can see the details and the link to the specific events booking page.

Are you interested in replacing the other service you're using for booking the events today?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.