Find and replace formulas?

Mike Wilday
Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Does anyone know of a way to find and replace formulas in my sheet? Or to find and replace a portion of a formula that exists throughout my sheet? 

Tags:

Answers

• DeLeah Vogt
    DeLeah Vogt ✭✭✭
    edited 11/30/18

Mike, I am following your post.  From all of my research on the Smartsheet community, I believe this feature does not currently exist.  Casting my vote for this to be implemented.

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet are currently asking us to fill in the survey about the Community, so when I filled mine in I suggested that there should be a way of referencing a enhancement request back to the community, seeing as there are a lot of threads like this.

I've also suggested it might make sense to have a button that will create an enhancement request from the discussion!!! I'd be going round creating them right left and centre if they do that, as sometimes I'm just too busy to actually fill in a request at the time, especially as I've usually just found out there's no simple solution and I have to do a workaround!

• I agree this is needed. I have a formula that is exactly the same except for the search criteria in a VLookup and I have to manually update the information for every cell. Another option, which I found out is not available that would avoid the the manual work, would be to allow us to reference the title of the column in a formula.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!