7/31: The Day the Earth Stopped Updating

alano10
alano10 ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Today was a colossal waste of time. I get that hiccups happen, but a major problem over 4 hours with NO NOTIFICATIONS TO USERS regarding the issue/that Smartsheets is currently working on said problem is absolutely ridiculous.

Your customers should not have to go to third party sites in order to find updates for your service; you should be doing your due diligence and notifying your customers yourself.

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I recommend you sign up for status updates on https://status.smartsheet.com.

• alano10
    alano10 ✭✭✭

I shouldn't have to "sign up" for updates on a service that I'm already paying a premium for. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you completely. For the cost and the critical nature of the content of many smartsheets. Admins in affected areas should be notified immediately so there doesn't have to be mass-panic in the office or a surprise to the administrators.

On that note: 

I recommend submitting a product enhancement request. I'm submitting one right now. 

• Hi alano10—

I understand your frustration and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you and other customers. Our Support team is closely working with our Engineering team on this issue, and updating the Status page as much as they can once they receive new information.

Right now: We've implemented an update to hopefully fix this issue and are monitoring the conditions.

To touch on the reason we ask you to sign up for status page notifications instead of automatically sending them is a matter of consent. We don't want to assume that any customers, premium or free, want to receive notifications on the status of Smartsheet.

For the latest info on the state of Smartsheet as well as an audit trail of events through this experience (and past experiences), the Status page is the best channel.

Thanks for your patience throughout this.

• alano10
    alano10 ✭✭✭

It's not a matter of annoyance with an influx of emails; if it pertains to the service I am paying for and whether or not I will be able to use said service, I should get notifications no matter what. 

If I don't pay my electric bill I get notifications that it will be turned off. And on the opposite end, when power goes out due to weather I get notifications from the power company notifying me of the issue and the resolution currently being worked on.

And overall, where at in Smartsheets does it let you know about this status update website? I've had this service for over 2 years and have never seen it until today when I visited downdetector.com and noticed people referring to it. 

• Si Spence
    Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shaine, what are the updates on date format changes please???