Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives
The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.
Update Request Enhancement Wish List
I have been researching how to use update requests to send automatic messages to different users within a database concept I am developing; however, I have run into a few gaps, so here is my update request wish list!
1. Send recurring update requests based on a date column.
2. Add additional criteria options similar to what is available when creating a reminder. (e.g. 'x' days before date, if box is not checked, etc.)
3. Send recurring update requests to the contact assigned to that row.
4. Resend pending update requests.
5. Add option to cancel request (without deleting) in order to retain update request history.
I love the update request feature and the fact that it allows me to get down to a row specific level so that users are not accessing any other information besides what is specified. My wish list is somewhat long but these enhancements would enable us to allow more people to manage the data that belongs to them in a larger sheet with more sensitive data without having to manually manage it on the back end by creating each update request individually. More automation would be a dream come true!
I'd also love to know if there are any work arounds to the issues I've run into.