Update Request Automation

jc98596
jc98596 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi there,

I need help please, is it possible to edit a update request?

When the update request automation is send, is it possible to only select some of the columns so that the sales personnel not get the whole line's columns but just 5 or 6 of them that they must update?

Hope you understand?

I know if you send an individual update request you can edit the columns that needs update. I need to have that done without editing it every time. 

Thank you! 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

If it's an automated update request, you can edit it in the Advanced Options of the request.

Make sense?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hello,

I understand you are looking to edit your automated update request so it only sends certain columns instead of the whole row. As Andrée mentioned, yes, this is possible!

To get to the "Advanced Options" section, click on "Manage Automations," then click the small arrow in the top-right corner of the Update Request. From the drop-down menu, choose "Edit". Then, in the "Request an Update" section with the email addresses, click on the three vertical dots on the right corner. This is where you can select the columns you want to send out each time the automation runs.

A video of this can be found in our Learning Center, here: https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/smartsheet-intermediate/update-requests.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• jc98596
    jc98596 ✭✭

Thank you so much guys!

Something strange happened with my automation. 

It worked for a week and then it just stopped working. 

I have all our sales leads on one sheet. And then I made an Automation for each individual. To send an Update Request when next action date is today and when the next action date is in the past. But only to that specific Sales person if his name is in the line.

Then it just stopped, what can it possibly be?

Smartsheet 1.png

Smartsheet 2.png

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Try to deactivate the automations and activate them again and also try to clone them and see if that works. 

Did that work/help?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• jc98596
    jc98596 ✭✭

Thank you, but that didn't work. 

What else can it be?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission.setting for the Automations. (cog in the upper right corner in the Automation overview) 

Did that help/work?

Pesonal Settings.png

Automation Permissions.png

• Genevieve P.
    edited 10/30/19

Hi,

From your screen captures it looks like you have the workflow to run with the "Next Action Date" is both "in the past" and "today". This means it's looking for when "Next Action Date" has both criteria at the same time.

I would try changing the blue "and" to an "or" (by clicking on it), so that the workflow runs either when the date is in the past or it's today.

• Hi Genevieve,

I have a question on this. I can't get the advanced options to show me all my columns. Does it cut off after a certain number? It's quite a large sheet. Thanks!

Sarah

• Genevieve P.
    edited 10/29/19

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We've received a few reports recently that the drop-down column list in automated workflows are reaching a max of 97 columns, which is not expected behaviour. Our Product team is currently investigating this issue, and I will be in touch once we have any updates.

• Genevieve P.

Hi Sarah, 

This issue has now been resolved by our Product team in the latest update. You should now be able to see all of your columns, even past 97. If you are still experiencing issues, please Contact Support so we can look into this further for you.

Cheers!

Genevieve