Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Reply to Email adds to comment bubble

Options

I often have users responding to a question that I send from Smartsheet using the Send Row function.  When the person replies to the email, I would like for the comments buble to be populated as if they had typed it manually.

Feature Request?

Something already being worked on?

Scheduled for roll out next week??

Fantastic!!

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello Hassan,

We currently don't have this functionality in Smartsheet but I'll add your vote for this to our enhancement request list for further consideration.

With that being said, if you're an Office 365 for Business Online user, you might work with your IT team to get the Smartsheet App for Outlook installed so that you can submit those replies as a comment more easily. 

• Brad Wageman
    Options

I'm seconding the vote for this feature request.  There is a zero percent probability that anyone outside of our office who aren't regular Smartsheet users will log in to reply, which makes comments nearly useless as a real way to capture communication for a particular row or card, which is what we were hoping for.

• scarson
    Options

Hello,

What is the status of this feature?  Is there a ETA?  This would be great for helpdesk as well. 

Thanks

• I'd very much like to see this feature.  It'd make responses so much easier, while still keeping the history in the sheet.  

This discussion has been closed.