Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Email INTO a sheet

Options
Rob O'Keefe
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

We would like to have specific email addresses to add items to lists.  Is this possible?

For example, an Intern inbox of tasks. The subject line would go to the Task Name and the body of the email into Description or Comments.

I guess this is a feature request...
Rob.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 08/06/15
    Options

This is a feature request and I will add your vote for it!

You could use Zapier to set up a similar function. You can build a Zap which can be triggered by an email and will add the contents of the email into a row in your sheet. Check out zapier.com for more information.

• Rob O'Keefe
    Options

Thanks Travis. I get Zapier in general but have not used it. I want to send an outbound email that becomes a task in a SmartSheet (which i would later triage and add info). In your answer above, what email address would i be emailing to?  A zapier email address?

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Zaps are based on triggers so you would need to come up with one that works for you. For example, you can set a Zap to to add the content of the email to a new row if you receive an email with the subject "Zap". Try playing around with Zapier and see what you can come up with! Let me know what you find Smile

• Im going to see if I can have every note that input into evernote via my webclipper can come into my smartsheet via zapier.. but yea that would be cool

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

I have added your vote for this to our enhancement request list. Thanks for your input!

• toby_bowman
    Options

Has this feature been added?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use the Gmail Add-On for getting emails into my Smartsheet (whole text) and/or Zapier (partial with parsing -- more difficult).

There is also an MS Outlook Add-On but I have not looked at it recently, though I know it changed.

Craig

• RCJ
    Options

I also want this feature.  It would be awesome to have emails that are sent to a specific email address go directly into a smartsheet and if they have attachments they retain and show up in the attachments field.  

Please add me to the list of people requesting this. 

• bradmin
    bradmin ✭✭
    Options

2019, has this feature been added to Smartsheet yet? looks like we have been asking for it since 2015 and nothing yet.

Thank you!

• Tom Tanner
    Options

This is an important feature for many. Please add my vote for adding in a near release.

This discussion has been closed.